I found this great recipe for Campurritos here:
I can’t eat flour tortillas, so I’m wondering how they would turn out if I just put the mixture into a foil wrapper and ate it out of the foil. Click through for ingredients and instructions:
- 16 Eggs
- 1 lb. Sausage
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 Med. Potatoes, chopped
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 3 T. Parsley, chopped
- 8 or 9 Tortilla Shells
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Tin Foil for wrapping
- Optional: Salsa and/or hot sauce
- Chop potatoes and boil until soft.
- Chop green onions and set aside.
- Crack 16 eggs and cook over low heat until you have soft, scrambled eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute yellow onions and garlic in 2 T. olive oil until fragrant.
- Add sausage to onion mixture and cook all the way through.
- In large bowl combine Sausage mixture, scrambled eggs, potatoes, cheese, green onions, parsley, and Salt & Pepper.
- Divide ingredients into 8 or 9 tortilla shells.
- Roll and wrap in tin foil — ready to throw on the fire!